Leaders are a very important part of the weekend. Leaders are responsible for their own participants for the duration of the weekend. As a camp Ventact is a very laid back camp for leaders. Ventact offers a leaders room with free tea and coffee (bring your own cup!). Leaders normally head into Cork City Centre for Saturday while the participants are partaking in activities. Leaders are responsible for thier own participants.
What Should Leaders Bring? What are leaders responsible for?
- Leaders are responsible for thier own participants for the duration of the weekend.
- Attending the Leaders meeting on Friday night and collect activity tickets.
- Your Organization’s Consent Forms
- Saturday Night Dancing Clothes!
- Leaders may be required to help with the running of the event on Saturday Evening/Night.
- Insure that you are certified by your organisation to take your participants to Ventact.
- Insure that all your participants have the proper camping gear
- Insure that all your participants bring proper gear for Saturday Activities
- Insure that all your participants are aware of the rules and follow the rules.
Ventact South has a STRICT NO tolerance approach to alcohol. Any youth or adult member(s) found to be consuming alcohol or consumed alcohol and is on site will be fined and their group/unit leader will informed immediately. A fine of €150 will be imposed.
Anyone found to be in the possession or have consumed an illegal substance will be asked to leave the site immediately and the substance will be passed onto An Garda Síochána. This person(s) Group/Unit Leader will be consulted immediately. A fine of €150 will be imposed.
All fines are given to a Cork Based Charity, this charity is selected prior to the event from year to year. All issues will be dealt with in the utmost confidence.
Smoking is only permitted in a designated area in the campsite. This will be pointed out to you at the leaders meeting/check in on Friday Night.
Should you have any issue over the weekend please ask any staff member or pop into the office. We’re here to help!