Ventact is an Activity Weekend held every year in Kilcully Campsite Co. Cork for Senior Sections of Scouting and Guiding. All are welcome to join for one of the best scouting/guiding weekends of the year. The weekend has been running for over 30 years and traditionally takes place on the first weekend of September.The event traditionally attracts between 300-500 Venturers/Rovers/Rangers/Senior Branches.
The Weekend is Unique as it is one of only 3 annual events organized by Scouts and Guides for Scouts and Guides and the only joint event aimed at the Senior Section (and the best). The event has become a landmark in the Senior Scouting and Guiding Calendar marking the end of one year and the beginning of another.
The event has a traditional Ventact Theme which makes every year different to the previous. The themes have varied from the Simpsons to Disney and everything in between. Prizes are awarded to the best costumes at the Disco. Come join us in what is the highlight of your Summer!
What do you need?
Your group will need the following items at Ventact. Please make sure they have them as we cannot supply them on the weekend:
- Cooking Equipment
- Food (Ventact won’t provide food for you), however you will get a free burger on Saturday Evening
- Packed lunches for Saturday
- Neckers must be worn while on site. To avoid being stopped by staff, bring a spare)
- Wet weather gear
- Wash gear (including towel)
- Swimming gear
- Runners / old shoes
- First Aid Kit & Fire Bucket
- Water Activity Gear (including Water Booties/Old Runners)
- 2 Complete Changes of Clothes (9 times out of ten you will get wet on activities)
- Saturday night dancing clothes
- Swimming Hat
- Tents & Sleeping Bags
- Uniform for Scouts/Guides Own
- Pocket change for the chip van is optional
- Day Bag
- Basin for Washing your cutterly – there are no outdoor sinks in Kilcully due to the drought & Water Restrictions!