Ventact is an Activity Weekend held every year in Kilcully Campsite Co. Cork for Senior Sections of Scouting and Guiding. All are welcome to join for one of the best scouting/guiding weekends of the year. The weekend has been running for over 30 years and traditionally takes place on the first weekend of September.The event traditionally attracts between 300-500 Venturers/Rovers/Rangers/Senior Branches.
The Weekend is Unique as it is one of only 3 annual events organized by Scouts and Guides for Scouts and Guides and the only joint event aimed at the Senior Section (and the best). The event has become a landmark in the Senior Scouting and Guiding Calendar marking the end of one year and the beginning of another.
The event has a traditional Ventact Theme which makes every year different to the previous. The themes have varied from the Simpsons to Disney and everything in between. Prizes are awarded to the best costumes at the Disco. Come join us in what is the highlight of your Summer!
What do you need?
Your group will need the following items at Ventact. Please make sure they have them as we cannot supply them on the weekend:
- Cooking Equipment
- Food (Ventact won’t provide food for you), however you will get a free burger on Saturday Evening
- Day Bag for Saturday
- Packed lunches for Saturday
- Neckers must be worn while on site. To avoid being stopped by staff, bring a spare)
- Wet weather gear
- Wash gear (including towel)
- Swimming gear
- Runners / old shoes
- First Aid Kit & Fire Bucket
- Water Activity Gear (including Water Booties/Old Runners)
- Wetsuit (if you have one bring it!)
- 2 Complete Changes of Clothes (9 times out of ten you will get wet on activities)
- Saturday night dancing clothes
- Swimming Hat
- Tents & Sleeping Bags
- Uniform for Scouts/Guides Own
- Pocket change for the chip van is optional
- Day Bag
- Basin for Washing your cutterly – there are no outdoor sinks in Kilcully due to the drought & Water Restrictions!
NB. Pack your day Bag on Friday Night!
- Rain Gear (Jacket and Rain Pants)
- Packed Lunch
- Bottle of Water
- Full Change of Clothes (Jumper, T Shirt, Pants, Socks & Underware)
- Towel (to get changed)
- Swimming Togs
- Wash Gear (including towel)
- Water Shoes/Old Runners (for water activities)
- Wetsuit (if you have one)
- Swimming Hat
Important Notice to All Over 18’s
Please ensure that you comply with your Organisations Garda Vetting/Access NI and Safeguarding Policies
Both Garda Vetting and Child Safeguarding Training must be completed in advance of attending Ventact as per your associations policies.
Scouting Ireland: Scouters and Rover Scouts (aged 18 years or older) of Scouting Ireland (SI) must ensure that their Garda Vetting/Access NI has been completed within the last 3 years and also that they have completed the relevant Safeguarding Training within the last 3 years, as of Sunday the 8th of September 2019 as per SI policy.
Catholic Guides of Ireland: Guiders and Rangers (aged 18 years or older) of the Catholic Guides of Ireland (CGI) must ensure that their Garda Vetting/Access NI has been completed within the last 2 years and also that they have completed the relevant Safeguarding Training within the last 3 years, as of Sunday the 8th of September 2019 as per CGI policy.
Irish Girl Guides: Guiders and Senior Branch Members (aged 18 years or older) of the Irish Girl Guides (IGG) must ensure that their Garda Vetting and Child Safeguarding Training have been completed in line with IGG policies and regulations.